In 1952, Edmund L. Shapley came to the Quad Cities and opened his doors as a sole practitioner in Davenport, Iowa. New to the area, Ed spent many lean years sharing office space while building his practice to support his wife and four children. He became active in several civic organizations and signed on with St. Ambrose college in 1956 as an accounting professor while maintaining his growing practice.
By 1965 Edmund L. Shapley, CPA had outgrown his surroundings and moved into an 800 square foot office in central Davenport along with his dedicated staff of two. With the addition of his son Robert E. Shapley as a partner in 1973 and Donald L. Moorhead in 1977, the firm became known as Shapley, Shapley & Moorhead and subsequently incorporated in the State of Iowa in 1978. Ed Shapley retired in 1986 at the time his youngest son, Gary S. Shapley, became certified and accepted as a partner. In 1994 the firm moved to its current location on Lillie Avenue in Davenport. Robert Shapley resigned in 1999 and Gary Shapley resigned in 2007.
Scott T. Moorhead joined the firm in 2007 and the company's name was changed to Moorhead & Company, P.C. in April 2009.
Nancy A. Patterson became certified and was accepted as a partner in January 2011 and the company's name was changed to Moorhead Patterson & Company, P.C.
Moorhead Patterson & Company, PC has performed numerous services for a diverse range of small to medium-sized businesses over the years. The following is an abbreviated list of the industries we have served:
Due to our policies regarding client confidence, references are given only upon request and are subject to our clients' prior approval.
From its humble beginnings to its current status, Moorhead Patterson & Company, P.C. continues to operate on the principles of its founder - personal service and long-term commitment to our valued clients.